Updated April 1, 2021
Our Gorham, Falmouth Foreside, Long Wharf, Scarborough, Standish, Waterboro, West Falmouth, Windham and Yarmouth branch lobbies are open. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to resume normal branch operations safely and provide a positive experience.
1. Why is Gorham Savings Bank reopening now?
The health and safety of our employees and customers continues to be our highest priority. Over the past weeks, we have consulted with banking and healthcare professionals to develop a plan for reopening our branch lobbies safely, while following state and CDC guidelines.
2. What precautions does GSB have in place?
Following State and CDC guidance, we will:
- Require customers and employees to wear face coverings per the State of Maine Executive Order
- Limit the number of customers in the lobby at one time
- Have PPE and hand sanitizer available for use
- Utilize germ shields at teller stations and customer service desks
- Direct traffic to ensure social distancing
- Continue increased cleaning of high touch areas
We will continue to monitor State and CDC recommendations as they are updated
3. Do I need to wear a mask when entering the bank lobby?
Employees and customers are required to wear a face covering inside Bank offices per the governor’s executive order. Masks will be available, if needed.
4. Will I have to remove my face mask for identification purposes?
For account security, our employees may ask you to lower your face mask in order to properly identify you when completing a transaction.
5. What if I have symptoms of COVID?
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as a cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please call the branch and we’ll find another way to provide assistance.
6. How is social distancing being enforced in the lobby?
Lobbies will be equipped with signage and floor markers to encourage customers to maintain social distancing. Additional safety measures, including germ shields at teller stations and customer service desks, have been put in place for instances where social distancing may be difficult to maintain.
7. What if there is a spike in COVID-19 cases in southern Maine?
We are monitoring conditions daily and following the guidance of the CDC and State. If conditions change, we will adjust our plan accordingly in order to maintain the safety of employees and customers.
8. When will my branch lobby be available for walk-in service?
We will continue to open our branches in stages, following government and CDC guidance. We are closely monitoring business reopenings and customer needs as we make decisions with regard to our own reopening plans.
9. Have your hours changed?