To Local Organizations
For more than 150 years, we’ve believed in supporting organizations that contribute to the economic and social well-being of the communities we serve.
Sponsorship & DONATION Requests
At Gorham Savings Bank, we believe we can be a Force for Good; making today easier and tomorrow better by concentrating our charitable giving primarily within the following segments:
- Social Services
We may give outside these focused areas depending on the initiative.
Funding priority is given to those projects which:
- Positively impact low-moderate income populations and/or support Gorham Savings Bank Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) initiative.
- Show evidence of employee interest and involvement that is more than just fundraising but may include hands-on volunteerism component.
- Assist in promoting financial education and credit service information to the community.
How to Submit a Request:
- Complete either the Donation or Sponsorship Request Form with as much detail as possible.
- In addition to the Request Form, each organization must also complete an Organization Form, found here.
- Attach all supporting documentation such as mission, service area, and advertising specifications/requirements as applicable.
- Be sure to include detailed mailing instructions and if applicable, to whom a check should be made payable if different from the name of the organization.
- Organizations described in Section 501(c)(3), please include the following items:
- Copy of 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exemption letter from IRS;
- A W9 to facilitate payment.
After submission, you will receive a confirmation email from “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Please allow a minimum of 60 days, from the time of the request, for a response to your submission. Our Contributions Committee meets regularly and reviews all submissions.
These requests for donations are a philanthropic gift in support of a cause without any commercial incentives.
Examples of donations include but are not limited to:
• Monetary support
• Items for fundraising auctions
In addition to the Donation Request Form, each organization must also complete an Organization Form, found here.
Sponsorships are donations made to any organization for which Gorham Savings Bank will receive marketing, public relations, and community relations value.
Examples of sponsorships include but are not limited to:
• Road race fundraiser
• Arts festival or event
• School sports team
In addition to the Sponsorship Request Form, each organization must also complete an Organization Form, found here.