Supporting our neighbors is one of our core principles, and we are pleased to get involved with many local organizations. Our employees are passionate about volunteering in a number of ways within the community – these communities are our communities too.
In the spirit of supporting our local communities, the bank is honored to contribute its resources to a variety of programs.
- Partner with CA$H Greater Portland to provide Free Tax Preparation and other financial related services
- GSB Financial Scholars Program offers an interactive, online curriculum to high schools at no cost
- Educate businesses about funding opportunities in partnership with SCORE Portland
- Workshops and education for students of all ages
- Job shadow opportunities for Junior Achievement
- Investment in early childhood education
- Scholarship opportunities for continuing education
Supporting Business Growth
- LaunchPad, a program developed by Gorham Savings Bank, awards $50,000 to help fund the growth of a Maine business
- Community Partner of ScaleUp Portland, an SBA grant program designed to help businesses “scale up”
- Sponsor of Maine Startup & Create Week, a conference celebrating innovators, entrepreneurs and startups
Health & Wellness
- Programs in support of the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital
- Maine Marathon, a nonprofit race that has raised over $3,000,000 for charity
- Employees raise funds and either participate in or volunteer for various health and wellness initiatives
Employee Driven Initiatives
- Employees and customers donate holiday gifts for Boys & Girls Club of Portland Winter Wishes program
- United Way Day of Caring Event and our Annual Fundraiser to support United Way of Greater Portland and York County
- Drives for local Food Pantries, Thanksgiving meals, and Coats for Kids
To receive information about applying for a charitable contribution, please contact Heather Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send information by mail to Heather Connolly at Gorham Savings Bank, 1 India Street, Portland ME 04101