The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program application is slated to open April 8, 2021. The program was established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act and includes over $16 billion in relief to be administered by the SBA.
Eligible applicants may qualify for SVO grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees.
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters
- Theatrical producers
- Live performing arts organization operators
- Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
- Motion picture theater operators
- Talent representatives
- Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Other requirements of note:
- Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
- Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020 will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount